The Mt. St. Helens creation set is a must for any creation science library. With the recent reawakening of Mt. St. Helens, and in celebration of the upcoming 25 anniversary of its 1980 eruption, we are offering this book/video set at a substantial savings. (Footprints in the Ash, and Mt. St. Helens: Explosive Evidence of Catastrophe)
Footprints in the Ash
by John Morris and Steven A. Austin
128 page hardcover
The eruption of Mount St. Helens helps us to understand many processes that occurred during the Genesis Flood. These processes include rapid erosion and deposition of stratified sediments, including strata with fine laminations; the precursor sediments for coal; rapid canyon formation; the origin of “fossil forests;” and many others. Footprints in the Ask - contains abundant photographs and is written for the layman.
• Discover how the eruption of Mount St. Helens helps to explain Noah’s flood!
• A fascinating pictorial review of the 1980 volcanic eruption that shocked the world!
• Displays a visual outdoor laboratory with geological lessons
• Provides observable evidence for a young earth
• An encouraging teaching tool for biblical creationists
• Shows how God’s creation adapted to this natural disaster through a recovered ecosystem
• Teaches proper insight on the subject of death and suffering
In the aftermath of the Mount St. Helens eruption and the subsequent glacier slide and mudflows, there remained a geologic gold mine for earth scientists. No natural disasters in recent history could compare with the variety of processes which resulted from this tectonic and volcanic event.
As creation scientists have carefully studied this geological phenomenon, they have concluded that Mount St. Helens accomplished the same sort of geologic work that biblical creationists attribute to Noah’s flood. While this explosion was certainly much smaller in scale and intensity, many lessons were learned through this occurrence that help us understand the unobservable past.
Journey back to this catastrophic event with scientists Dr. Steve Austin and Dr. John Morris and see what was discovered as they reconstruct the sequence of earthquakes, eruptions, avalanches, mudflows, and other geologic processes and unveil their fascinating research findings!
Mt. St. Helens: Explosive Evidence for Catastrophe
58 minute doculecture
Geologist Steve Austin, Ph.D. shares the exciting results of his explorations on Mount St. Helens and its adjacent Spirit Lake. You will view spectacular and unique photography of the volcano and its after-effects. Along with thousands of other scientists and educated professionals, Dr. Austin is convinced that the Biblical Flood is reliable and is vital to a true understanding of history, its purpose, and destiny.
• Relive the 1980 eruption.
• Observe geologic structures formed rapidly (strata, canyons, log deposits, etc.).
• Apply what is seen to understand the origins of other geologic features (Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, coal deposits, etc.).
• Contemplate the significance of the volcano to our views of Earth, Noah's Flood, man and God.