The Geology Book
by John Morris
80 page hard cover
Retail Price: $15.99
Part of the Wonders of Creation
Rocks firmly anchored to the ground and rocks floating through space fascinate us. Jewelry, houses, and roads are just some of the ways we use what has been made from geologic processes to advance civilization. Whether scrambling over a rocky beach, or gazing at spectacular meteor showers, we can’t get enough of geology!
The Geology Book will teach you:
• What really carved the Grand Canyon.
• How thick the Earth’s crust is.
• The varied features of the Earth’s surface—from plains to peaks.
• How sedimentary deposition occurs through water, wind, and ice.
• Effects of erosion.
• Ways in which sediments become sedimentary rock.
• Fossilization and the age of the dinosaurs.
• The powerful effects of volcanic activity.
• Continental drift theory.
• Radioisotope and carbon dating.
• Geologic processes of the past.
Our planet is a most suitable home. Its practical benefits are also enhanced by the sheer beauty of rolling hills, solitary plains, churning seas and rivers, and majestic mountains—all set in place by processes that are relevant to today’s entire population of this spinning rock we call home.
About the Authors
Dr. John Morris
is a creation scientist and educator with a specialization in Geological engineering. He is the president of the Institute for Creation Research
, and son of the late Henry Morris whose seminal work is viewed by many to have initiated the modern creation science movement. John joined the faculty of ICR in 1984, and has served as the President since 1996. He has also led numerous expeditions to Mt. Ararat in search of Noah’s Ark. Dr. Morris received his B.S. in Civil Engineering at Virginia Tech in 1969 and his M.S. in Geological Engineering at the University of Oklahoma in 1977. He received his Doctorate in Geological Engineering at the University of Oklahoma in 1980. Dr. Morris can be heard each day on the Back to Genesis radio program. He is the author of numerous books, including The Young Earth. Dr. Morris taught geology at the University of Oklahoma before joining the faculty of the ICR.