Elements of Faith: Vol 1 Hydrogen to Tin
by Richard Duncan
160 Page paperback
Retail Price: $14.99
It’s easy to see the wonder of God’s creation all around us – but to truly appreciate the incredible design, organization, and creativeness of the Creator, you have to delve into the elements that make up our world.
The study of the periodic table of elements, reveals that these atomic microscopic building blocks are more than just scientific odds and ends. Each and every one is an opportunity to celebrate the power, wisdom, order, and ingenuity of our Creator!
• The connection between helium and the sun
• The biblical gems that represent wisdom, the kingdom, and God’s presence
• Which element is named after the Devil
• How sodium (in salt) reflects an important message of preservation
• Why silver can be called the “element of redemption”
• The element with two names – one name from a Greek myth and the other from a famous explorer – discovered in ore from Connecticut
Elements of Faith, Vol. 1 examines the first 50 elements of the Periodic Table and finds meaningful insights and spiritual applications in each of them. A look at the elements can teach many lessons, from the awesomeness of God’s creation to the dedication of many God-fearing scientists who have been so influential in the history of science. Add activities, quizzes, and a treasure trove of helpful information, and you have a one-of-a-kind resource every student needs!
The periodic table presented as never before! Richard D. Duncan is a professional engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Cincinnati (1981). He has spent most of his career in the fields of water treatment and environmental engineering. Richard and his wife Carolyn live in southern Ohio, where they are active members of Christ’s Community Church in Portsmouth.