The Astronomy Book
by Dr. Jonathan Henry
80 page harcover
Retail Price: $15.99
Part of the Wonders of Creation
The second book in the highly successful “Wonders of Creation” series (following The Weather Book), The Astronomy Book soars through the solar system targeting middle-school through junior-high levels. The reader will acquire a wealth of knowledge on subjects such as supernovas, red shift, facts about planets, and much more. Enhanced with dozens of color photos and illustrations (including NASA shots), this book gives educators and students a Christian-based look at the awesomeness of the heavens.
The Astronomy Book will teach you:
• What long-ago astronomers thought about other worlds.
• Solar system facts.
• How constellations relate to astrology.
• The history of space exploration.
• Black holes—do they exist?
• The origin and age of the moon.
• Why Mars doesn’t support life.
• The composition of stars, supernova remnants, and the myth of star birth.
• Asteroid legends and the extinction of the dinosaurs.
• Are there planets outside our solar system, and could they be home to intelligent life?
• What are UFOs?
• The age of comets and meteor showers.
About the Author:
Dr. Jonathan Henry earned his doctorate from the University of Kentucky in chemical engineering, and is now chairman of the science division and Professor of Natural Science at Clearwater Christian College in Florida. Dr. Henry became an active creationist after reading Dr. Henry Morris’ book, Many Infallible Proofs.
In 1987 Dr. Henry began speaking and writing in defense of biblical creation. He authored The Astronomy Book for Master Books, and was published in many professional journals including Creation Research Society Quarterly, Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal, Journal of Creation, Creation Matters, and Journal of Dispensational Theology. He also engaged in debates and conferences in venues such as the Georgia Humanist Society, the Conservative Theological Society, and churches and educators’ conventions.
Since 1992, Dr. Henry and his wife, Sharon, have homeschooled their four children.